Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

P72 Gauges..

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    P72 Gauges..

    Was surfing FaceBook like always and came across a cool group called 'Vintage Police Cars For Sale' well while scrolling I came across a minty set of P72 dash gauges.. Just thought I'd throw it up here incase any of you are looking for a set. I asked him about a price but he hadn't gotten back to me yet. Anyway feel free to enquire mangs..

    #2
    the oil pressure gauge looks dicked... unless that's the way it's supposed to look when off.

    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

    Comment


      #3
      Hmm.. I don't know

      Comment


        #4
        might just need a tap. I've seen gauges get stuck in transport and a tap (light shock) released them.

        Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

        Comment


          #5
          88-89 Crown Victoria specific gauge panel.
          ~David~

          My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

          Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."
          Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

          Comment


            #6
            Yeah, the earliers ones are just a bent piece of metal, right? that looks like molded plastic.

            85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
            160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
            waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

            06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
              88-89 Crown Victoria specific gauge panel.
              Did you compare yours with din size? They look so close... they would look awesome in that factory CD player console porkchops found.
              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
              sigpic
              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by johnunit View Post
                Yeah, the earliers ones are just a bent piece of metal, right? that looks like molded plastic.
                Yes.

                Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
                Did you compare yours with din size? They look so close... they would look awesome in that factory CD player console porkchops found.
                No I have not compared.
                ~David~

                My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

                Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."
                Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

                Comment


                  #9
                  any chance of getting sellers info ? email or phone number ?

                  Comment


                    #10
                    any chance these are still available?
                    Originally posted by chitownvic View Post
                    Was surfing FaceBook like always and came across a cool group called 'Vintage Police Cars For Sale' well while scrolling I came across a minty set of P72 dash gauges.. Just thought I'd throw it up here incase any of you are looking for a set. I asked him about a price but he hadn't gotten back to me yet. Anyway feel free to enquire mangs..

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Yea he wants 200 for them


                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                        #12
                        hmm... thinking that's why he still has them. They're not quite hen's teeth yet.

                        Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                        Originally posted by gadget73
                        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                        Originally posted by dmccaig
                        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Ya, jeez .... does it even come with the sending units?

                          I guess if they are truly NOS and come with everything someone will pay that for them, but wow.
                          2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                          2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                          2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                          1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X