This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: rust free box body

My Merk is toast so I am looking for a donor car to swap all my parts onto. I want a box body. 90-91 LTD or pre 88 2 door. Must be rust free, body frame, everything. Willing to travel anywhere in Canada or US for the right car.

Will also consider an Aero...

I can keep an eye out for you. Are you interested in a mark VI coupe? I know a guy who has a signature series mark VI two door.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Is Mark VI built on the Panther frame? I want a car with same frame as a Vic/Merk so I can swap all the parts over. Even a Town Car won't do because it's longer.

Comment

Its a panther frame but, I do belive the wheel base is a tad longer. Cruise through all kijiji ontario listings. Tons of aero cars. Also, there is a guy in san diego, who has a two box ltd wagons. Im sure down thee, they have no rust.

Comment

Do you have a link to the wagons?

Comment

2-door Mark VI should be the same wheelbase (at least my 2-door is). mine is for sale, but has a little surface rust at the bottom of the doors and the trunk lid and one bubble around the rear vinyl.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
              2-door Mark VI should be the same wheelbase (at least my 2-door is). mine is for sale, but has a little surface rust at the bottom of the doors and the trunk lid and one bubble around the rear vinyl.
              Your lincoln would be good for sure but, sounds like he wants a rolling shell?

I will post this anyway. He has lots of vids on youtube

http://www.1ownercarguy.com/1988_For..._166108557.veh

Comment

Not a bad looking wagon except for that dent in the quarter panel.

Comment

Just passing along what I run into

Comment

I have a 1982 Mercury 2 door. One owner 212,000 miles California car. It is located in outside storage in the dry California upper Mojave desert. It has not been on the road since about 1995. Last time I saw it in 2011 it was in restorable condition. You can have it for $400. It is about what I would get at the jy.

Not all Calif. or West Coast cars are rust free. If they are anywhere near the ocean, they rust !

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
                      I have a 1982 Mercury 2 door. One owner 212,000 miles California car. It is located in outside storage in the dry California upper Mojave desert. It has not been on the road since about 1995. Last time I saw it in 2011 it was in restorable condition. You can have it for $400. It is about what I would get at the jy.

Not all Calif. or West Coast cars are rust free. If they are anywhere near the ocean, they rust !
                      How is the body on it?

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                        Its a panther frame but, I do belive the wheel base is a tad longer. Cruise through all kijiji ontario listings. Tons of aero cars. Also, there is a guy in san diego, who has a two box ltd wagons. Im sure down thee, they have no rust.
                        ...mark 6 two doors share the ltd crown vic and marquis wheelbase,4doors share wheelbase with the town car

Comment

The 82 Merc brougham 2 dr. last time I saw it was rust free. It is very likely in the same condition as it is in the hot desert sun.There is discoloration below the window that is between the b and c pillar . One minor accident in it's life, which was fixed.

Comment

Any way to get some pics of it? My parents live in Cali so they could have a closer look.

Basically what I am after is a clean body with no rust or damage and preferably one that doesn't need paint work. I don't care what shape the drivetrain is in.

Comment

It will need a repaint as the sun has baked it . Color is white. What you would get is a complete rust free car that will need complete restoration. Good parts car. I would keep it however it will cost $1000 to get it here. I can get pictures. Located in Ridgecrest, Ca.

Comment

Working...
                              X