Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• friskyfrankie
    replied
    That's the info I was looking for. Figured as much but needed confirmation from "those in the know"! Thanks guys!!

Leave a comment:

• sly
    replied
    I've replaced MFS on my 93 without disconnecting the battery. If you only mess with the MFS, there's no wires to worry about causing issues with the airbag.
    Last edited by sly; 10-02-2022, 03:33 PM. Reason: typosd

Leave a comment:

• Kodachrome Wolf
    replied
    Replacing the MFS doesn’t require any airbag removal nor do the wires going to it have anything to do with the airbag operation. You only need to remove the column shroud behind the wheel to gain access.

Most repair guides will always have you disconnect the battery prior to starting work, but on a job like this, you could probably get away without.

Leave a comment:

• friskyfrankie
    replied
    Originally posted by massacre View Post
    If you're that concerned i would pull the cable.
    If I do, I wonder how long it takes the air bag capacitors to dissipate the power?

Leave a comment:

• massacre
    replied
    If you're that concerned i would pull the cable.

Leave a comment:

• !993 Mercury Grand Marquis Multi Function Switch Replacement

As the switch was good enough to come apart at the wiper function end (probably the glue let go) it is time to replace it. Have the OEM part and was wondering if it is required to remove one of the battery terminal before beginning the procedure? I know the hazard function is live, even while the car is off so there could be a possibility of shorting something out. Bigger concern (?) is the possibility of the airbag going off (I do like my nose where it currently is). I realize it would be safer to pull a battery cable but is it absolutely necessary? Thoughts????
Working...
X