Clear All

• DerekTheGreat
    replied
    You gotta piss with the cock ya got..

Leave a comment:

• Arquemann
    replied
    Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    Jeebus, 60LPM seems extreme. I'd have gas spewing back at me, I think. Always seems the thing clicks off prematurely if set beyond the first click/latch, so I flow slow and get all those other things done.
    I haven't ever had gas spurt back at me. Only car that is slightly fussy about the nozzle is the MGM, that I just stick all the way in and pull it out about an inch, all the way in it likes to click off immediately. Always fully pressed on the handle.
    Then again our pumps and nozzles and everything is probably different than you US folks. It's a trade-off I guess, faster but you gotta hold it or slower but automatic.

Leave a comment:

• DerekTheGreat
    replied
    Jeebus, 60LPM seems extreme. I'd have gas spewing back at me, I think. Always seems the thing clicks off prematurely if set beyond the first click/latch, so I flow slow and get all those other things done.

Leave a comment:

• gadget73
    replied
    was about 5 minutes in the truck today. it didn't want to run at full speed at first so it was running on slow fill for a while.

Leave a comment:

• sly
    replied
    Yeah... we get about 5-10 gallons per minute (maybe as much as 40lpm) depending on the station Takes me 2-4 minutes to fill the 93 when the low fuel light is on. The Expedition with the 26 gallon tank usually add a minute for that one.

Leave a comment:

• Arquemann
    replied
    Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    I check the engine to make sure it's still there, oil & other fluids. I get a lottery ticket. I clean the windows. Maybe check tire pressure. 60 seconds? My truck's tank is something like 26 gallons, usually end up pumping a good 21-23 in it every time it's thirsty. When set to first click (Sometimes 2nd click pumps too fast and so it'll burp and make a mess) it takes at least three minutes to pump the damn thing. And then I top it off until gas stands in the filler neck. Used to do that with the Lincoln, too much of a pain in the ass. The truck? It's how I get an extra 2 or 3 gallons in it, good for at least 45 extra miles.
    Sounds like your gas pumps are slow shit
    Our normal pumps are all 60-70 liters per minute, so the the 60 liters it usually takes to fill the MGM happens in a minute or so. I don't think there'd be too much time to grab a rag a pop the hood, let alone do a fluid check.
    Most of our stations have the water/air/washing squegees separately from the pumps, so no twats take up more time at the pumps than necessary.

For shits and giggles I have filled up my BMW at the truck diesel pumps for a couple times, those are 100 liters per minute.
    No hassle or mess and the tank was full before I was done laughing at what I was doing.

Leave a comment:

• DerekTheGreat
    replied
    I check the engine to make sure it's still there, oil & other fluids. I get a lottery ticket. I clean the windows. Maybe check tire pressure. 60 seconds? My truck's tank is something like 26 gallons, usually end up pumping a good 21-23 in it every time it's thirsty. When set to first click (Sometimes 2nd click pumps too fast and so it'll burp and make a mess) it takes at least three minutes to pump the damn thing. And then I top it off until gas stands in the filler neck. Used to do that with the Lincoln, too much of a pain in the ass. The truck? It's how I get an extra 2 or 3 gallons in it, good for at least 45 extra miles.

Leave a comment:

• sly
    replied
    The only multitasking I do at the pump is wiping the windows with the dirty water squeegee. Getting bird crap and bug guts off the car. If there's no assist clip, I'm annoyed, but get over it.

Leave a comment:

• friskyfrankie
    replied
    Many of the pumps I come across have handles so tight you can skip the gym. They're like using "hand grippers" and if you have arthritis or other hand issues - you ain't getting gas!

Leave a comment:

• Arquemann
    replied
    You gotta hold the handle everywhere in Finland. 99% of stations are self serve.

Sure it'd be convenient, but how busy are you to be so inconvenienced by having to hold the pump for 60 seconds? What do you do / need to do during that time?

Leave a comment:

• DerekTheGreat
    replied
    Yah F that. I want to multi-task, ain't got no time to stand there.

Leave a comment:

• gadget73
    replied
    thats dumb

one of the assorted advantages of being in a full serve state, they won't remove the clickers because it would make managing a gas station absolutely impossible. Can you just imagine if the attendant had to stand at every pump? Would need one person per pump and no chance they are going to hire that many people.

Leave a comment:

• 87gtVIC
    replied
    In new york the clickers you speak of are removed. One must stand there and hold the trigger down for the entire fill up...or wedge something in the handle.

Leave a comment:

• 89LincolnTWNcar
    replied
    my 89 Lincoln has had the same issue for years, it had a brand new gas tank and fuel pump and filler neck installed in 2004 and has been that way since I've owned it. I usually take the gas cap and put it under the filler handle which allows the flow to be a little slower than the first "click" and that does the trick.

Leave a comment:

• Lutrova
    replied
    No hissing when unscrewing the gas cap. And after filling up at a different gas station this afternoon, no trouble either. So it must've just been some speedy pumps at the other place that were too fast for my tank.

My cap is a junkyard replacement, so it could be defective. Motorcraft FC-926 looks like the right cap, though O'Reilly believes it won't fit my '87.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X