Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gadget73
    replied
    Don't know what to tell you, aftermarket part may be different or measured to different points. Or maybe its Chinese inches. The Ford master parts manual says what it says.

Leave a comment:

• thomash85715
    replied
    thank you. I tried to find that part number and there is a cross number to something completely different like y-127 or something. Its detailed description says it is 19" though not 17 3/8.

Leave a comment:

• gadget73
    replied
    and yes the site has problems right now. tl;dr, we're obsolete like all the stuff we work on. Stuff is in progress to do something about it but in the meantime it is what it is unfortunately.

Leave a comment:

• gadget73
    replied
    something is funny with that throttle body stud. The OE ones are not bolted on like that, it should be welded. That doesn't look like a stock throttle body to me, might be worth a closer look to see if someone has done something strange.

Make sure the ball stud isn't rusty and has a bit of grease in there. I thought I had a bad throttle cable on mine, rust was the issue.

anyway the Ford master parts manual lists one part for all 86-89 5.0 cars, E8AZ-9A758-A at 17 3/8" long.

There are others for earlier stuff and the 351 cars, none of them are 19". They range from 21 1/2" to 22 5/64" in length.

Leave a comment:

• 87gtVIC
    replied

Leave a comment:

• thomash85715
    replied
    something on site is broken; I cannot reply to myself with image. might try posting a second post.

Leave a comment:

• thomash85715
    started a topic 17 inch throttle cable

17 inch throttle cable

Broken one on this 89 5.0 base model makes it hard to drive and all sources say it is 19" but dealer claims there was a short lived 17 inch one that they cannot get. Is this a big lie or can anyone provide a source for shorter cable or is there easy mod to start using 19"? Thank you.
Working...
X