Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM_Guy
    replied
    Another possibility, "Hi Joes Autowrecking?" "Its Joe over at Joes fixit gerage, you got a box panther with good exhaust manifolds?" "Yeah Joe, only one though, a 91 town car, the manifolds will swap" "Sounds good Joe, how quick can you get them out?"...

And thats how it would get done at the place I go if I show up and say hey, if it fits, and it was good enough for a town car, its good enough for me. Joes Autowrecking was a 6 minute drive from there. 1 minute if a river wasn't in the way and I'd probably head over to pull them.

Not every garage is of the mentality it has to be an exact fit and only a brand new part. The joys of going to a middle of farm country shop rather than a stuck up city shop that won't break out of by-the-book.

Leave a comment:

• gadget73
    replied
    also never heard of this, though I suppose its not completely impossible that they ran out of iron manifolds and switched to using stock of tubulars at some random point.

Leave a comment:

• jaywish
    replied
    My guess is a motor swap.

Leave a comment:

• Tiggie
    replied
    Never seen or heard of anything but 1990 Town Cars having those.

Very likely swapped if it does indeed have them. Wonder what other mods are hiding?

Leave a comment:

• 91merc
    started a topic Exhausted manifolds

Exhausted manifolds

Did the GMs ever come from the factory with Lincoln log manifolds? I have a 91 that appears to have them but the rest of the car is bone stock as far as I can tell
Working...
X