X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 86VickyLX
    replied
    Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
    I'll have to try that. My lighting looks like a cross between blue and green, like teal. I need some of those blue bulb condoms...
    Trust me, if you open up your instrument panel right now, you'll find blue plasic caps. When the clear lights hit them, they give off a more greenish color, but they are blue.

Leave a comment:

• 86VickyLX
    replied
    Originally posted by gabegt90 View Post
    my guage is just a sunpro temp guage does'nt mounting the 3 gauges under the ashtry weight it down?
    Yes, they weigh it down a bit. It doesn't close as much as it did before, but the tray is still strong enough to stay shut.

Leave a comment:

• 1987cp
    replied
    Originally posted by torquelover View Post
    I do miss my power point, though.
    Pretty sure it was AutoZone where I once bought a little stand-alone lighter outlet. Came with a little attached rubber cap to keep junk out of it and a 90-degree mounting bracket.

Leave a comment:

• Nathan in MI
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Land Yacht View Post
    that's about the 50th time I've seen that pic of Nate's gauges.
    It's probably true.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Land Yacht
    replied
    not bad John, not bad at all!
    that's about the 50th time I've seen that pic of Nate's gauges.

but they look good...good location.

Leave a comment:

• gabegt90
    replied
    my guage is just a sunpro temp guage does'nt mounting the 3 gauges under the ashtry weight it down?

Leave a comment:

• P72Ford
    replied
    Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
    Thanks. I totally agree that it's the first mod they should ever see. I see that you got rid of the ashtray completely, that's an awesome setup. Still got to hide the wires more.

I used one of the previous holes in the fire wall. It took me about 30 minutes running them. It took longer making them look nice. I would love to get a 140 PI Speedo. A tach, I'm not so sure, I'm not really concerned with that now, since my flow of cash is really short, I am going to try to take care of what needs to be taken care of. When I get more money, I might run a tach in it.

It's actually blue, I bought blue light covers and the gauges now match the dash perfectly. But I need brighter lights!!!
    I'll have to try that. My lighting looks like a cross between blue and green, like teal. I need some of those blue bulb condoms...

Leave a comment:

• 86VickyLX
    replied
    Just remote-mount one and you're set to go. I need to find out how to power up the rear door cig. lighters.
    I think it's a separate fuse for that. I jacked my own thread.

Leave a comment:

• 86VickyLX
    replied
    Interesting, mounting to the ashtray. So, all you guys have swing-away gauges? I have mine mounted where the ashtray used to go using the mounting points for the ashtray. They are angled up, and over, to the driver. It's solid, and works great. I do miss my power point, though.

Good job on the gauges. They are the first mod any Panther should see.
    Thanks. I totally agree that it's the first mod they should ever see. I see that you got rid of the ashtray completely, that's an awesome setup. Still got to hide the wires more.

Originally posted by 88Vic View Post
    How long did running all the feeds take? Did you have to make new holes in the firewall for them?

And next up on your list, a tach and 140 PI speedo.
    I used one of the previous holes in the fire wall. It took me about 30 minutes running them. It took longer making them look nice. I would love to get a 140 PI Speedo. A tach, I'm not so sure, I'm not really concerned with that now, since my flow of cash is really short, I am going to try to take care of what needs to be taken care of. When I get more money, I might run a tach in it.

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
    with green lighting; it semi matches the factory green lighting.
    It's actually blue, I bought blue light covers and the gauges now match the dash perfectly. But I need brighter lights!!!
    Last edited by 86VickyLX; 10-07-2007, 08:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Nathan in MI
    replied
    Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
    Don't you like have to have an Internet connection and stuff to do that? :confused:
    Nope, just has a little black box that plugs into a USB port on the laptop, and it uses satellites as far as I know, so anywhere it can get a satellite connection, it works (everywhere except when driving under a bridge or thru a tunnel lol).

Leave a comment:

• P72Ford
    replied
    Well, since everyone else is posting their gauge set up, I'll post mine. Pardon the dirty gauges (and dirty carpet; these were pre shampoo). I put water temp and oil pressure, where the radio was. The voltmeter is attaxched to the dash via a cup, the vac gauge is mounted to the floor via a cup. The tach is mounted to the a-pillar and plays nice with the spot light handle.

All gauges are autometer sport comp, with green lighting; it semi matches the factory green lighting.
    Last edited by P72Ford; 03-28-2008, 07:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 1987cp
    replied
    Originally posted by Nathan in MN View Post
    I wouldn't mind eliminating the ashtray altogether except that I need the cig liter to power my laptop for the GPS when I do road trips.
    Don't you like have to have an Internet connection and stuff to do that? :confused:

Leave a comment:

• Nathan in MI
    replied
    /whiny voice Yeah, but that'd mean I'd have to get up off my lazy butt and actually do something!!! /off whiny voice

Leave a comment:

• torquelover
    replied
    Originally posted by Nathan in MN View Post
    I wouldn't mind eliminating the ashtray altogether except that I need the cig liter to power my laptop for the GPS when I do road trips.
    Just remote-mount one and you're set to go. I need to find out how to power up the rear door cig. lighters.

Leave a comment:

• Nathan in MI
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X