Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a company that makes complete exhaust kits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 88Vic
    replied
    Originally posted by MarquisMalarky
    What's a good diameter for true duals? I plan on getting rid of the cats.
    If you're gonna leave the engine stock and run no cats, 2" is fine. If you plan on modding the engine, it's better to move on up to a 2.25" or 2.5" system.

Leave a comment:

• 91 LTD
    replied
    Originally posted by 88crwnvc
    i would just look into a local exhaust shop. i paid about $250 for a complete "true" dual exhaust system. It was all 2" stuff and it looks good custom bent, plus half of the cost was the flowmaster super 40's i put on it.
    That's a good price for all that.

Leave a comment:

• Nathan in MI
    replied
    Originally posted by MarquisMalarky
    If you're doing any engine mods, you'll get the most out of it if you use 2.25" or 2.5" pipe.

Leave a comment:

• MarquisMalarky
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 88crwnvc
    replied
    i would just look into a local exhaust shop. i paid about $250 for a complete "true" dual exhaust system. It was all 2" stuff and it looks good custom bent, plus half of the cost was the flowmaster super 40's i put on it.

Leave a comment:

• 85MercPark
    replied
    Cool, when this stock stuff wears out that's my goal.
    I have a FORD muffler so I wonder if it's original or dealer replaced, but still looks good.

Leave a comment:

• nitroracer
    replied
    Yes, a regular H-pipe has cats. Or you could have a pair of high flow cats welded onto an off-road h-pipe.

Leave a comment:

• 85MercPark
    replied
    Originally posted by Nathan in MN
    Scott gets the credit for this recipe:

Shorty headers
    Mustang off road h-pipe (or regular h-pipe if you have to pass a sniffer)
    Mustang 2.5" mid-pipes
    2.5"x18" extension pipes
    Mufflers of your choice
    '94-'95 Impala front section tailpipes
    Two more 2.5"x18" extension pipes

That'll give you a 2.5" exhaust front to back. It's not exactly a kit, but it works out pretty well.

Does the regular H-Pipe allow Cats?

Leave a comment:

• Southern_Pride
    replied
    I wish tailpipes would fit around my tires.

Leave a comment:

• gadget73
    replied
    Thats exactly whats on my car. Works well. Might not be the fanciest, but it works and the price was good. I'd like to weld the extension pieces to the Mustang mids instead of just having them clamped like they are now, but thats a minor thing.

Leave a comment:

• Nathan in MI
    replied
    Scott gets the credit for this recipe:

Shorty headers
    Mustang off road h-pipe (or regular h-pipe if you have to pass a sniffer)
    Mustang 2.5" mid-pipes
    2.5"x18" extension pipes
    Mufflers of your choice
    '94-'95 Impala front section tailpipes
    Two more 2.5"x18" extension pipes

That'll give you a 2.5" exhaust front to back. It's not exactly a kit, but it works out pretty well.

Leave a comment:

• 88Vic
    replied
    If you're going to swap in a 5.0 HO into your car, then you can add a 2.5" dual exhaust. Mustang headers to a catless h-pipe, then to whatever mufflers you want, then Impala SS tails. Or you can get a 2.25" Mustang exhaust. I don't think the exact exhaust from a Mustang will work, but something similar will.

Leave a comment:

• MarquisMalarky
    replied
    I guess I'll have to look into that then. Thank you

Leave a comment:

• mrltd
    replied
    Nobody makes a performance kit for the boxes. Custom exhuast with a couple parts from different apps works well. The impala 2.5" are nice, but for most 2.25 is all that is needed, and can be bent my a local shop without any issues.

Leave a comment:

• FastGallopingPonies
    replied
    As far as I know there are no "hi performance" exhaust kits. There are companies that make OE style Duals like on the towing and Polic packaged cars. as for a better system Off road Mustang H, (s10 maybe?) Mid Pipes, Mufflers of your choice and I beleive the Impala tails are what the guys find the best.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X