X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gadget73
    replied
    The coolant lines are sort of useless. Mine are disconnected, and the Explorer lowers don't have a place to connect it anyway.

Leave a comment:

• gadget73
    replied
    Hm didn't even notice that the pics attached in that order, and they didn't come out without a filename. Orig post fixed.

Leave a comment:

• 85crownHPP
    replied
    it will fit on any 5.0 panther... they are practically the same.

nate, that whole area you circled does not exist on the mustang spacer. youd have to do some serious fabbing to make it work. plus the coolant lines run different too, if you dont omit them

Leave a comment:

• 89LincolnTWNcar
    replied
    Sweet, so the lightning EGR fits without a hitch on the town car, with the throttle and TV linkage and all?

Leave a comment:

• Nathan in MI
    replied
    Originally posted by lincolnmania
    nate
    see the mounting studs on the right of 3 out of 4 of the spacers? the studs are where the throttle and tv linkage bracket bolt up to the side of the egr spacer........running without an egr spacer, you are going to need to fabricate a bracket to mount the bracket, the geometry for the tv cable is very important remember that
    These are the studs you're talking about, correct?

I guess without seeing how it all goes together it'd be hard to totally understand, but it doesn't look like it'd be too difficult to make up something to mount it, especially if I had a spacer to use as a template (I could use a lopo spacer for a pattern, correct?)

Leave a comment:

• OVERKILL
    replied
    Here are a few shots of the ceramic-coated Lightning one I got from N A on here:

Leave a comment:

• Lincolnmania
    replied
    no he didnt list em in order of the pics.. ......left to right
    bored to 63mm lopo spacer
    the uber rare lightning spacer (67mm)
    a mustang egr spacer i had bored to 67mm
    and the lowly lopo unmodified spacer

nate
    see the mounting studs on the right of 3 out of 4 of the spacers? the studs are where the throttle and tv linkage bracket bolt up to the side of the egr spacer........running without an egr spacer, you are going to need to fabricate a bracket to mount the bracket, the geometry for the tv cable is very important remember that

Leave a comment:

• 85crownHPP
    replied
    the lightning one looks tiny!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Nathan in MI
    replied
    Got a couple questions about that Lightning EGR spacer since I'm gonna need one or a suitable substitute for it when I build the EFI 351W. Scott tells me that the reason I need a Lightning spacer is because it has the facility for mounting the throttle and TV cable brackets on it. Does anyone have a picture of how that stuff mounts up so I can see what the goal is?

Also, assuming I won't be running EGR, what do I do? Just leave all the vacuum lines unplugged?

Leave a comment:

• gadget73
    started a topic Pics of the EGR spacers

Pics of the EGR spacers

Just in case anyone was curious what the different EGR spacers look like, here they are. Pics below are (L to R) panther bored to 63mm, Lightning, bored Mustang, and stock Panther.
    Attached Files
Working...
X