T5 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T5 swap

Who can I message that’s done a t5 swap in there box?
    I have the t5 and a mustang pedal assembly
    Also thinking of using a Ford ranger hydraulic clutch instead of the cable

No need to message. Best to keep all information about the 5 speed swaps out in the open so all can learn. I have done the swap in my car one year ago. I went cable driven. Cannot help on the hydraulic front.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."
    Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Comment

Nothing wrong with a cable, is there? I used to sneer at that until I reviewed my manual transmission experience/history. Every single one of our hydraulic clutch set-ups has given us problems. Well, except for Ashley's '92 C1500. I suspect that's just a matter of time though.
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Ok
        Any tips / tricks to look for
        Have any measurements on welding the pedal tube in ?
        I always though the. Cable way put stress on the firewall and need of cutting into the dash frame?

Comment

I dont have measurements but here is what I have done. If I were to do it again I would put the tube more inboard (closer the drivers seat) and down a bit. In the location I did it I had some contact between my firewall adjuster and the clutch quadrant. I was okay though as my adjuster was SO long (maximum motorsports) that I was able to trim some off.

As far as the firewall goes. YES. That is why I purchase a brace sold by Pier. I modified it to fit my needs and bolted it to the lip of the cowl and through the firewall. It is SOLID and does not flex whatsoever.

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...l=1#post841819

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...l=1#post841578

I would advise on removing the steering column completely. I believe some have just dropped it (and removed drivers seat) and did the install but I dont know how I could have done it with it in the way.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."
          Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Comment

Working...
          X